Five Ways to Get Visitors to Fill Out Your Website Forms
You can have a great form on your website, but if your visitors are not hitting ‘Submit’, then all of your work is going to waste. 74% of companies use web forms for lead capture, with 49.7% stating their online forms are their highest converting lead generation tool. A large amount of web traffic on your site is not enough to sustain your business, you need to convert visitors into leads, and to do that, they need to not only interact with your website, but to collect contact information.
You may have a beautiful website, but is it working to produce more leads? While a spiffy web page is easy on the eyes, it may not be easy on your business’ bottom line, especially when it’s not converting visitors into leads.
So, what can you do to ensure that your visitors are filling out your forms AND hitting submit? There are ways to do this, and they aren’t complex or expensive.
- Offer incentives for visitors to fill out forms and submit them. The logic here is simple: people like free products. Most people are willing to exchange some of their contact information in order to receive discounts, free products, coupons, eBook’s, or free trials. When is the last time that you gave away your information and got nothing back in exchange? Your visitors need something to sink their teeth into when they fill a form and incentivizing them will drastically reduce the chances of form abandonment.
- You can show progress to your customers when filling out forms. Simple items like progress bars and breaking up questions can reduce friction, and it makes a visitor feel as if they’ve accomplished something along the way. Your website visitors don’t want to work too hard to receive their ‘free’ product, so keep form length at a minimum. The longer the form, the more likely it is that someone will abandon it, even if they’re getting something out of it. There’s a gentle balance here: you need to collect enough data to be useful, but you don’t want to scare away your prospects.
- Try using MyFormData – it’s like a safety net when your visitors don’t hit ‘submit’. More than 70% of web forms are abandoned. MyFormData’s web form abandonment tracking software capture form data in real time. Even if a visitor partially fills a form and then abandons, you’ll still have pieces of their information. You can identify website visitors from email clicks and UTM data, then sync or download abandoned leads, and gain additional insights. MyFormData’s unique Software-as-a-Service can dramatically lower your cost per lead and increase conversions, providing a major lift to your bottom line. Plans start as low as $29 per month. Test it yourself!
- Eliminate friction and distractions wherever possible. Unclear instructions, unhelpful error messages, and data that fails to load with cause your visitors to click away in a heartbeat. Distractions, such as your own webpage design, can end up hurting you in the long run. Wherever you choose to place a form, be sure that there are few elements around it. The closer you get your users to engaging with a form, the fewer elements you want surrounding it. Don’t let your website itself draw attention away from your ultimate goal.
- Design with three things in mind: the user experience, the offer, and the marketing goal. By thinking about who you want to reach, how you hope to convert them, and why you’re doing it in the first place, you can make sure you get the most out of your forms. All the elements of your lead and contact forms—from the text and graphics to the size and buttons—should work together to meet your goals.
Your lead generation forms are more than boxes with a link. They are tools to learn more about your customers so that you can provide them with more value.
MyFormData identifies leads that were once invisible by capturing your online form data in real time. Every response you receive from a subscription page, landing page, or contact form is captured. Even from abandoned forms. Works with almost any form. Import your data to your existing sales &marketing tools. Easily follow up with interested leads and turn them into loyal customers.
If you want to grow your leads, email list, improve your website conversions, and reduce lead abandonment – MyFormData is built for you. The #1 CRO tool for marketers!