Last Updated: January 1st, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, interact with a message board, apply for a job, request customer support, use our platform or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your Personal Information and any other information you choose to provide. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid Services or purchase additional services.
When we say “Personal Information” we mean any information that identifies an individual, such as (but not limited to) an individual’s name, email address, postal address, device-specific information and log information (as described below). Any information that does not, on its own, identify an individual person is considered and treated as non-personal information. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does or can be used to identify an individual, this information is treated as Personal Information.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform and your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Integrations with Other Services
You may have the option of integrating our Services with other services, technologies or platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone. For example, we may offer you widgets that have countdowns to various launches. These integrations may require you to input Personal Information or access or use Personal Information. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine and (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available webpages (such as social networking webpages), depending on the policies of that website.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media sites, credit bureaus, data enrichment providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, customize and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by CapSumo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of CapSumo and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you when your information was collected.
- Inform Clients that an upgrade is available; or to contact Clients with information about CapSumo, including information about new or existing products and services or special offers. For example, we may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to our products and Services to the email address associated with a registered account.
- Otherwise for our legitimate business interests.
If Information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, CapSumo may use it for any business purpose.
Sharing of Information
We often need to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies and analytics and security providers) to help us operate and provide the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of CapSumo or others;
- Between and among CapSumo and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- CapSumo will share and disclose Client Visitor Data in accordance with the applicable Client’s instructions, including any applicable Terms.
- We may utilize affiliates or third parties as sub-processors of the Information, to support the Services, and otherwise to support the conduct of our business, to provide, by way of example, service such as computing and storage services. We will use sub-processors subject to contracts that are substantially as protective of Personally Identifiable Information as those contained herein. For further information regarding our use of sub-processors, please contact us at privacy@CapSumo.com.
- With third-party marketing vendors (such as Google) to assist in our and CapSumo Client marketing campaigns.
- We may share Information hereunder with our corporate affiliates provided that such affiliates are obligated, contractually or otherwise under applicable laws, to be bound by our obligations with respect to such Information.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any purchaser of or successor to CapSumo or its assets may continue to collect, use and disclose your Information as set forth in this policy.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; CapSumo reserves the right to disclose any Information (including Personally Identifiable Information): (1) to comply with any law, regulation, or legal request, if and to the extent that we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; (2) to enforce, apply, or investigate breaches of the Terms or other agreements; or (3) protect the rights, property, user experience, or safety of CapSumo, our employees, our users, our Clients, or others.
- We may disclose or use aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized, or otherwise de-identified Information for any purpose.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other services or platforms.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Please note: If you choose to opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
Information Collected by or on Behalf of Our Clients via the Service
CapSumo Clients use the Service )” to collect and obtain online form information with third party visitors to their Client Sites (“Client Site Visitor(s)”). This Service allows a CapSumo Client to potentially market to Client Site Visitors use and interaction with the Client Site. Please note that CapSumo itself uses the CapSumo Service to obtain insights into CapSumo Visitors’ activities on http://www.CapSumo.com. Accordingly, CapSumo is the Controller of such Information regarding CapSumo Visitors.
Types of Client Visitor Information. CapSumo Clients may use the Service to collect, store, and analyze Client Visitor Information, on the Client’s behalf as the Controller of such Client Visitor Information, on CapSumo’s servers, as the Client’s Processor of such Client Visitor Information. The Service may process such Client Visitor Information on behalf of the Client, to perform analyses and produce reports for the CapSumo Client. Such Client Visitor Information may also include Device Information, Contact information, and/or Referral Information from the Client Site Visitor.
Our Clients’ Use of Client Visitor Information
Each Client hereby:
- Represents, warrants, and covenants that it will abide by all applicable laws, rules, and regulations applicable to Client Site Visitors and Client Visitor Information, and ensure that any instructions to CapSumo are consistent with, and do not and will not constitute a violation of same;
Our Processing of Client Visitor Information.
As the Processor of Client Visitor Information, we will process Client Visitor Information only in compliance with the applicable Client’s instructions regarding the processing of Client Visitor Information, including any applicable Terms.
Retaining Your Information
Client agrees and acknowledges that the deletion of Client Visitor Information may affect the delivery or performance of the Service. CapSumo will comply with such instructions to delete Client Visitor Information as soon as reasonably practicable and within a maximum period of 180 days, unless applicable laws require retention.
Client agrees and acknowledges that it will be responsible for exporting any Client Visitor Information or Client Registration Information that it wishes to retain following the termination of the Terms.
Transfer of Information to the U.S.; International Users
Site Data Maintained in the United States
The nature of our business means that the Personal Data collected through our website and services will be transferred to the United States. Information we maintain is stored within the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country. Also, the CapSumo personnel and the third-parties to whom we disclose Personal Data are located in the United States.
Security and Protection of Visitor Information and Client Information
CapSumo implements security mechanisms to protect Visitor Information and Client Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Examples of these security mechanisms include limited and password-protected access, firewalls, and SSL encryption to protect transmission of data, as further described above and in our Terms. For additional questions or information regarding our security standards, please contact us at privacy@CapSumo.com.
Policy Concerning Children Under Age of 16
CapSumo does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16. If we learn that we have Personally Identifiable Information of a child under age 16, we will remove it. If you believe we have Personally Identifiable Information about a child under the age of 16, please notify us at privacy@CapSumo.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information and your use of the Services. You can do this at any time by cancelling your account through your account settings and then emailing email@example.com to request that your Personal Information be deleted.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel or temporarily pause your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from CapSumo by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
We may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.